- 2008 InfoWorld Technology of the Year Awards: Applications and Middleware
Clearspace wins ‘Best Community Platform’ award. Suhweet.
(categories: collaboration community infoworld awards clearspacerocks clearspacex clearspace )
- IT Conversations: Paul Tuckfield
Excerpt: “… the three important reasons for YouTube’s scalability are Python, Memcache and MySQL replication, the last having the most impact.”
(categories: mysql scalability replication database databases youtube performance )
- Obsidian Wings: Andy Olmsted
Quote: “I lived my life better than some, worse than others, and I like to think that the world was a little better off for my having been here. Not very much, but then, few of us are destined to make more than a tiny dent in history’s Green Monster.”
(categories: iraq war death blogger andy olmsted )
- Amazon Developer Connection : Deploying Distributed J2EE Applications Using Amazon EC2
I wonder if there’ll be such a thing as a non-clustered web application in a couple years.
(categories: clustering ec2 amazing java tomcat distributed scalability )
- Encouraging Dissent in Decision-Making ? HBS Working Knowledge
Quote: “History shows that the best and the brightest?the smartest guys in the room?often make mistakes because they won’t listen to what they falsely believe is not worth hearing… Decisions are seldom better for silence.”
(categories: quotes management dissent business )
- ClickHeat | Clicks heatmap
PHP app that logs clicks on a web page and can generate a heat-map from the resulting data.
(categories: heatmap datamining statistics tracking stats php )
- TED | Talks | Gever Tulley: 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do (video)
Cool stuff. If you see me swerving wildly in an empty parking lot, you’ll know why.
(categories: kids parenting videos education engineering culture )