- Quote by Warren Buffett: “Somebody once said that in looking for people t…”
Somebody once said that in looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if you don’t have the first, the other two will kill you. You think about it; it’s true. If you hire somebody without [integrity], you really want them to be dumb and lazy.
(categories: quotes life hiring management )
- GitHub – kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap: Roadmap to becoming a web developer in 2017
Great infographic illustrating the complexity of being a front end / back end / devops engineer in 2017.
(categories: career software complexity )
- SREcon 2016 Performance Checklists for SREs
Great presentation on performance debugging in 2017.
(categories: performance troubleshooting debugging netflix sre )
- The Calculus of Service Availability – ACM Queue
SLA’s, Google, math, microservices, distributed architectures and four 9’s.
(categories: devops google sre sla reliability )
- A Year of Google Maps & Apple Maps — Justin O’Beirne
Really detailed look at the evolution in Google Maps, fun read.
(categories: design google maps cartography mapping )
- Solving Imaginary Scaling Issues at Scale — as interpreted by @seldo
npm co-founder @seldo publishes an inspired list of chapter titles for the latest ORLY book
(categories: funny scaling performance )