- How does Etsy manage development and operations? « Code as Craft
More great stuff from Etsy on how to run an operation.
(categories: business engineering operations culture )
- Clive Thompson on How Tweets and Texts Nurture In-Depth Analysis
Good take on blogging vs. twitter.
(categories: blogging twitter writing thinking )
- PostRank in Numbers: 2010 | PostRank Blog
(categories: dashboard infoviz infographic data bigdata 2010 )
- About Ludicorp Research & Development Ltd.
Quote: "… The game and styles of playing the game are what matter because they produce identities people care about. Likewise, a business develops an identity by providing a product or a service to people. To do that it needs capital, and it needs to make a profit, but no more than it needs to have competent employees or customers or any other thing that enables production to take place. None of this is the goal of the activity. The goal is to kick ass."
(categories: flickr business entrepreneurship missionstatement values )
- 15 Minutes of Fame: McGonigal on why you’re as awesome in real life as in WoW
Quote: "With introverts, their dopamine systems tend to work more with internal thought than with external, social stimulation. Whereas with extroverts, they have the dopamine receptors going off when someone smiles at them; for them, it’s like a hit of candy or crack cocaine, you know? And for introverts, that’s not happening. "
(categories: games socialsoftware introvert dopamine )