- 10 Laws of UX, digested | yozy//NET
- The hidden costs of serverless – Amiram Shachar – Medium
Quote: "… While it might be worthwhile to consider the various free tiers across providers, most of these free tiers don’t discuss those “hidden” costs — networking, API requests, and storage."
(categories: lambda aws serverless pricing )
- Rethinking Product Management: How to Get from Start-up to Scale-up | Organizational Physics by Lex Sisney
Quote: "… some symptoms of a Product Management breakdown will show up when there is one or more of these conditions: Poor coordination between sales, engineering, manufacturing, and marketing Haphazard quality in new product releases A struggle to translate customer needs into a delightful customer experience Growing revenues but little or no profits Finger-pointing and blame between departments Perpetually late product development A strong technical product but poor product marketing or vic…
(categories: product-management pm organization engineering )
- Spotify Squad framework — Part I – Product Management 101 – Medium
Quote: "… Loosely coupled, tightly aligned squads." Lately I’ve been seeing loosely coupled but not aligned.
(categories: development management spotify teams )
- What We Need in a VP of Product Management | – Rich Mironov’s Product Bytes
Quote: "At the executive level, decision-making can be about personalities, selective memory and emotional-tinged beliefs. So someone has to be the Chief Rationalist. It might be the VP Marketing, or the COO. Often, it’s the VP Product Management."
(categories: productmanagement decision-making thinking leadership )
- Leslie’s Law: When Small Meets Large, Small (Almost) Always Wins | First Round Review
Quote: "… When a sleek, small player enters the market, it does so by creating a low-friction, high-fit and finish product that is sold at a low price to a large market. These new products are sold to a portion of the market that cannot access the larger products due to the cost of entry (in dollars and complexity) and the cost of ownership."
(categories: competition startup strategy innovators-dilemma )
- The Arc of Company Life – and How to Prolong It | First Round Review
Operational vs. opportunistic leadership.
(categories: business strategy leadership )
- Customer Satisfaction at the Push of a Button | The New Yorker
Quote: "… It’s also reasonably certain that, no matter what you do for a living, becoming less aggravating to others while you’re on the job is likely to make you and your co-workers more contented as well. “At the end of the day, we all care about how we’re treated,” Theisen said."
(categories: customerservice feedback research happiness business )
- Containers Will Not Fix Your Broken Culture (and Other Hard Truths) – ACM Queue
Everything about this blog post.
(categories: containers development devops docker organization container programming )