- Jeff Bezos On Innovation: Stubborn On Vision; Flexible On Details | Techdirt
Great quote and potential style of management: "… If you invent frequently and are willing to fail, then you never get to that point where you really need to bet the whole company. AWS also started about six or seven years ago. We are planting more seeds right now, and it is too early to talk about them, but we are going to continue to plant seeds. And I can guarantee you that everything we do will not work. And, I am never concerned about that…. We are stubborn on vision. We are flexible on details…."
(categories: innovation culture management amazon failure entrepreneurship )
- Just add points? What UX can (and cannot) learn from games
Great preso on games + social.
(categories: games social socialdesign socialsoftware gamification ux )
- Foodspotting | FAQ | How does the rating and reputation system work?
Cool site, nice little reputation system they’ve put together.
(categories: reputation socialdesign ux games gamification )
- The Decline of the Online Message Board – NYTimes.com
Interesting to note that more and more message boards are disappearing, more conversations going to Facebook + Twitter.
(categories: social socialsoftware discussions facebook twitter )
- High Scalability – High Scalability – TripAdvisor Architecture – 40M Visitors, 200M Dynamic Page Views, 30TB Data
Some interesting notes on how tripadvisor has built out their team.
(categories: architecture scalability scaling culture )