- Towards Effective Corporate Communications: Let Your Engineers do the Talking – James Governor’s Monkchips
Quote: "A little trust goes a long way." So true. Also, humans.txt is super cool.
(categories: management culture trust communication engineering entrepreneurship )
- Humans TXT: We Are People, Not Machines.
(categories: standards programming html culture )
- size – IntelliJ Idea disable font increase/decrease on CMD+scroll – Stack Overflow
(categories: idea programming tips settings )
- ASCII by Jason Scott / FaceFacts
Quote on Facebook: "…It is like an ever-burning fire of our memories, gleefully growing as we toss endless amounts of information and self and knowledge into it, only to have it added to columns of advertiser-related facts we do not see and do not control and do not understand."
(categories: facebook history internet culture meaning )
- Tech Wizards of the Silicon Forest
Commenters tear the article apart.
(categories: jobs portland entrepreneurship startups )
- Mobile Apps: User Expectations define User Experience
Good stuff on native vs. web for mobile.
(categories: mobile android iphone mobile-web ux product-design )
- Dating with data – O’Reilly Radar
Quote: "The core difference is in the category of revealed preferences. Imagine if you had a video camera in every bar and you could observe every interaction between two people and see the success rate of that interaction. We essentially have that video camera on our site." The reason revealed preferences are so important is that they track real-world behavior — what people really want rather than what they say they want. "When you get 12 messages and you only reply to three of them, you are voting with your time," Yagan said. "Or when a guy is shorter than you, you don’t reply."
(categories: math bigdata revealed-preferences okcupid statistics )