- Quora – What are the scaling issues to keep in mind while developing a social network feed?
Title says it all.
(categories: socialsoftware scalability performance socialnetworks )
- this, is boomerang
Wireless device detection library, like BrowserHawk for mobile except open source and free.
(categories: mobile iphone browser android )
- How Will You Measure Your Life? – Harvard Business Review
Great points on company culture and personal life strategy.
(categories: culture life strategy happiness goals )
- How to hire a product manager
Helpful article on what makes a good PM.
(categories: product-product-product productmanagement design )
- Mobile Browser Cache Limits, Revisited » Yahoo! User Interface Blog (YUIBlog)
More good stuff from the YUI team, this time around mobile.
- Solitude and Leadership: an article by William Deresiewicz | The American Scholar
Quote: Thinking means concentrating on one thing long enough to develop an idea about it. Not learning other people’s ideas, or memorizing a body of information, however much those may sometimes be useful. Developing your own ideas. In short, thinking for yourself. You simply cannot do that in bursts of 20 seconds at a time, constantly interrupted by Facebook messages or Twitter tweets, or fiddling with your iPod, or watching something on YouTube.
(categories: thinking creativity ideas )
- Quora – What innate traits do great Internet product leaders share?
Great list of traits from Chris Wetherell.
(categories: entrepreneurship creativity product-design product-product-product )
- 10 Great Places to Take Your Kids in the San Francisco Bay Area | GeekDad | Wired.com
Stuff to do in SF with kids.
(categories: vacation kids san-francisco )
- 100 Geeky Places to Take Your Kids This Summer (GeekDad Wayback Machine) | GeekDad | Wired.com
Cool list of science-y things to do with kids.
(categories: kids science vacation )
- Ops Meta-Metrics: The Currency You Pay For Change
Notes on ops, change, responses.
(categories: ops saas change metrics )
- Jeff Bezos Princeton Commencement
Quote: "…one day you’ll understand that it’s harder to be kind than clever."
- Creating cultural change – O’Reilly Radar
Great video presentation on culture.
(categories: culture people change humor )