- scottberkun.com » Innovation by firing people
Quote: "Pure democracy is not the political system that will create the most change – it’s a system geared for stability, not for innovation." Great article on innovation.
(categories: business creativity innovation management democracy )
- J.K. Rowling Speaks at Harvard Commencement : Harvard Magazine
Seneca: "As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters."
(categories: inspiration speech harvard commencement speeches failure imagination empathy )
- Did Darwin Skip Over Email? – Foundry Group
Thoughtful blog post on the opportunities that exist for companies to make email more useful.
(categories: email social communication socialnetworks socialsoftware smtp )
- Datawocky: How Google Measures Search Quality
Google "… employs armies of ‘raters’ who rate search results for randomly selected ‘panels’ of queries using different ranking algorithms."
(categories: google machinelearning quality search )
- MSFTextrememakeover: Eight Years of Wrongness
A *long* blog post about Microsoft underperforming. Props to Writer at the end.
(categories: business microsoft software strategy )