- Datawocky: More data usually beats better algorithms
Quote: "… adding more, independent data usually beats out designing ever-better algorithms to analyze an existing data set."
(categories: algorithms bigdata data database databases algorithm netflix datamining )
- Looks Good Works Well
Bill has been reviewing a number of UI anti-patterns on his blog recently, he’s covered some really good stuff.
- We’re Taking an Open Direction with Web Communities: Are You In? ~ Chris Pirillo
Quote: "I don’t want a social network, I want a socially *RELEVANT* network (both on-site and beyond). I don’t want a community platform, I want a participation platform where members are rewarded and ranked appropriately…"
(categories: communities community idea social socialnetworks chrispirillo )
- Jeff on Cloud Computing: The First Hadoop Summit
Cool review of stuff going on with the Hadoop project from the first annual Hadoop summit.
(categories: pig hbase mahout rapleaf nutch hadoop )
- Move Over Lotus Notes, SharePoint is Filling Yer Shoes
Quote: "… SharePoint is fast becoming the next IBM Lotus Notes — and not in a good way."
(categories: sharepoint notes collaboration )
- EditGrid Confluence Plugin – Online Spreadsheets – EditGrid
Cool confluence plugin that gives you and everyone else the ability to edit spreadsheets online simultaneously.
(categories: spreadsheet editgrid confluence )
- Parsing human-written date and time information « Jon Udell
Good stuff in the comments about parsing human generated (not computer generated) dates, need to check out Chronic.
(categories: dates datetime parsing antlr chronic sandy )