- You’re the ones – Marc Hedlund’s blog
Quote: "Steve let the applause go on for a little bit, then, with much effort, settled down the crowd. When things got quiet, the first thing he said was: "That’s an awful lot of applause considering that you guys are the ones who do all the work."
(categories: apple leadership management culture )
- Vic Gundotra – Google+ – Icon Ambulance One Sunday morning, January 6th, 2008 I was…
(categories: apple steve-jobs culture design )
- Why Do You Like Bad News?
Quote: "We used to design things to take us to the moon, now we design things to keep us from getting out of bed."
(categories: design socialsoftware culture )
- Nick Farina – An iOS Developer Takes on Android
Great summary on Android vs. iOS dev.
(categories: mobile android java ios iphone )
- Twitter / @tonysphere: My fav insight from @true …
Great quote: "… measure momentum in days, priorities in months and vision in years."
(categories: business engineering management )
- John Mayer 2011 Clinic – “Manage the Temptation to Publish Yourself” – Berklee Blogs
Quote: "Mayer began the clinic explaining that, although the industry has changed with the advent of social media, creating music requires the same discipline it always has, if not more discipline to combat the added distraction of online promotion. Referring to the allure of having an instant, albeit often shallow and fleeting, online audience, John Mayer cautioned against seeking out “joy in little, tiny statements – little, tiny applause hits.”
(categories: socialsoftware culture noise focus music gtd )