- A Whole Lotta Nothing: Q&A with John Scharffenberger: First wine, then chocolate, and now … tofu? :: The Ethicurean: Chew the right thing.
Quote: "I speak a lot at business schools, and I ask how many people are there to make money. And then I say why don’t you just quit school and be drug dealers then? Because business school is about making things for people. That’s why you should be here." Love that.
(categories: entrepreneurship engineering business innovation )
- Developer Relations Newsletter, May 2010 – Atlassian Developer Blog
Good stuff from Atlassian wrt plugins, developer community, documentation, etc..
(categories: plugins platform marketplace appstore )
- Hacker News | This is Bret Taylor, CTO of Facebook.There are a couple of things I want to clar…
Facebook moves TOS into robots.txt, good move.
(categories: tos robots.txt facebook standards crawlers searchengine )
- Best Buy IdeaX | Exchange your ideas, vote, and discuss. Let’s make it better.
Best Buy built an ideation site on top of bbyidx.com, includes geo-location stuff.
(categories: ideas ideation bestbuy innovation )
- Android Developers Blog: Future-Proofing Your App
Good stuff on how the Android team is working on compatibility between apps and devices.
(categories: compatibility api android mobile platform plugins )
- Tuning GreenHopper on IE – Atlassian Developer Blog
Done using Dynatrace, we should be doing this.
- Raible Designs | Mountain Biking in Moab
(categories: mtb vacation )
- Web 3.0 on Vimeo
Good stuff on semantic web, big data, etc..
(categories: bigdata semanticweb semantic datamining )
- Stock and flow « Snarkmarket
But I actually think stock and flow is the master metaphor for media today. Here’s what I mean: Flow is the feed. It’s the posts and the tweets. It’s the stream of daily and sub-daily updates that remind people that you exist. Stock is the durable stuff. It’s the content you produce that’s as interesting in two months (or two years) as it is today. It’s what people discover via search. It’s what spreads slowly but surely, building fans over time.
(categories: economics flow twitter blogging )
- Google Lays Out Its Mobile User Experience Strategy – Mobile Blog – InformationWeek
Rechis said that when Google plans to launch a mobile application, it looks at the potential app through six layers: 1. Understanding users, anywhere, anytime 2. Fits in your pocket 3. More personal than the PC 4. Consistency across modes 5. Localization is intensified 6. Integrated devices, modes, products
(categories: google mobile ux ui )
- Why I Sold Zappos
Quote: "… To address that, we’ve begun tracking employee relationships. When employees log in to their computers, we ask them to look at a picture of a random employee and then ask them how well they know that person — the options include "say hi in the halls," "hang out outside of work," and "we’re going to be longtime friends." We’re starting to keep track of the number and strength of cross-departmental relationships — and we’re planning a class on the topic. My hope is that we can have more employees who plan to be close friends."
(categories: culture entrepreneurship business )
Now with 50% less caffeine!