- The Secrets of Aging Cheese: A Tour of Murray’s Cheese Caves | Serious Eats
(categories: cheese food science )
- Alex Payne — Meditation and Performance
Quote: "We sit with our suffering, and in doing so we foster the empathy that lets us genuinely engage with the suffering of others."
(categories: mindset mindfulness focus people meditation empathy )
- Karl Ove Knausgaard travels through America
Quote:" In a system of mass production, the individual workers are replaceable and the products are identical. The identical cars are followed by identical gas stations, identical restaurants, identical motels and, as an extension of these, by identical TV screens, which hang everywhere in this country, broadcasting identical entertainment and identical dreams."
(categories: culture )
- How Technology is Tricking You Into Tipping More — Psychology of Stuff — Medium
Noticed this exact thing twice on my recent trip to the Bay Area, last cab I was in only gave tipping options at 20% and up.
(categories: interface habits behavior psychology )
- Bookcision: Export/Download Your Kindle Highlights
Installed, pretty handy.
(categories: amazon bookmarks bookmarklet chrome kindle tools )
- Mockups To Go – All Projects | myBalsamiq
Bunch of free Balsamiq templates if you’re into that kind of thing.
(categories: balsamiq design ui ux )
- Prioritizing and Planning within Heroku Postgres Craig Kerstiens
Helpful grid with axes for difficulty and impact: low difficulty, high impact are no-brainers, etc..
(categories: productmanagement planning decision-making )
- What Are OKRs? A good mix of common sense | Happy Melly
Quote: "The twist that the OKR’s practice adds is that you must define multiple key results. That’s because no metric is perfect, and it’s best to look at each problem from multiple angles. Don’t get all hung up over one silly target. If one target fails, no worries! You have others." I’ve been referring to this as triangulation when talking about solving problems, using only one point of view leaves you open to missing the forest from the trees.
(categories: okr kpi measurement performance management reporting metrics )
- PDCA – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Another 4 letter management acronym!
(categories: planning management business reporting metrics decision-making )
- Interoperability, Browser & Cross Platform Testing | Modern.IE
nice, thanks Microsoft!
(categories: browser ie microsoft testing )
- Building Super Fast Web Apps with PJAX
Catching up on 3 year old acronyms.
- » 7 Principles of Rich Web Applications
- Using ServiceWorker in Chrome today – JakeArchibald.com
Looks really useful (train demo is super nice) but won’t fly anywhere until IE / Safari support it.
- Why Sass? · An A List Apart Article
Great intro to Sass for those of living under rocks for the past couple years (ie: me).
(categories: css design sass html )
- Delivering The Goods – Fluent 2014 – Paul Irish – Google Slides
Fantastic presentation on the difference / important of latency vs. bandwidth.
(categories: performance web http dns ssl tcp-ip )